Breastfeeding No More

Nine months and a week, that’s how long I have breastfed Baby Job. I wanted to breastfeed longer but the little one just stopped. He did not want to take mommy’s milk anymore and my supply was also very low. I was also very stressed and emotionally down, I was crying for days and felt so so low when Baby Job turned 9 months. I guess that contributed to my milk loss (if that’s the term). And weeks before, I was always out of the house, I had a lot of errands to do and was out of town too and had to leave Baby Job to the nanny’s care and had him on formula.

So now, he’s into formula. I am back to washing and sterilizing baby bottles again… daunting task… aarrggghhh… :(

avent bottle

Baby Job… your daddy and I will have to work harder now…

He finishes a can of formula in just 4 days and he can gulp down a full bottle in just a few minutes! Whew! He’s getting heavier by the day and my back hurts already! Talk about getting old here, LOL! :-)

Comments

1. says

I know how you feel mommy. I was only able to breastfeed for 3 months. Waaaaaaaa…. I am always washing and sterilizing bottles and buying formula. Just as long as our babies are happy and healthy, then that’s the most important thing. :) Hope you guys are doing okay and take care! :)
    Adin B recently posted..Project 3/366: My Growing Baby

2. says

totally agree with Adin here, have you started him on solid foods yet? mayu ug imo ng gi sugod aron gamy2 nlng ang gatas ma consume…askang k mahal raba gyud intawn sa gatas… hope you are feeling better now, I feel you i have some days like that but I try not to let it really bother me and I will try to do stuff to keep myself occupied..TC thanks for stopping by!
    seny recently posted..Happy Weekend

3. says

My baby Camilla is more than 13 months pero ga totoy pa sa akoa but mix na nko sya, bali day time bottle milk pero during night time i breastfeed nko sya..Na mao jud ga bug-at na jud sila, ga sakit gani na pirmi akong likod chege lng pod hilot c banana hehe..BTW, we became so emotional when it comes to our baby doesnt matter kung ma gamay ba nga butang or dako..
    Shy´s Mode recently posted..Cute Blouse

4. says

To quote, “Baby Job… your daddy and I will have to work harder now…” —- WORK HARDER ON WHAT? THE NEXT BABY? Hahaha. Just kidding, Pinx! I know how high a maintenance it is to have your baby on formula. Makabuslot jud na bulsa labi na kung kusog mag-dede. :(( I told myself not to breastfeed my second one like I did Triz taman 2 years old jud sya, but then I realized nga if I have enough supply, why not, right? I shouldn’t deprive my baby from the best nutrition that I can give. As long as stay-at-home ra ko, I will breastfeed. Mao na akong gi-promise sa akong sarili now nga hapit na mogawas si Baby#2. :))

Hassle jud mag-bottle feed kay manghugas sa bottle and all. Wa jud mi kaagi ana kay Triz. Samot na akong bana, swerte kaayo. LOL.

BPC hop!
    Rcel recently posted..(Sour) Grapes

5. says

Before I forget diay, in response to your comment nga sige lang ko shopping. LOL. Maka-shop lang ko Pinx kung clearance na ang prices sa mga items kay kuripot jud kaayo. And if i think that it’s really worth it, labi pa nga akoang earning akong ginagamit when i shop online. :D Maayo nalang gani diri kay daghan jud discunts ma-avail, mag-work ra akong ka-kuripot. :D
    Rcel recently posted..(Sour) Grapes

6. says

I cannot relate to this topic yet pero if naa na ko baby in the future i’ll definitely breastfeed too. Nagdali siguro maulitawo ni si Baby Job ba.

7. says

wow big boy na imong baby boy mommy Pinx. naa koy kaila 3 years old daw nag stop ug breast feed ang iyang mga anak! hahaha.. tapos naa syay gamating karon na 2 years old ga breastfeed pa. aguy kasakit daw kay paakon ang iyang totoy. lol.

blog hop ko ha from #112 BPC
    emzkie recently posted..Water Fountain for your Garden

8. Naigel says

I never thought it can be possible, because I take breast feed with my little boy until he got at the age of 1 year and 6 months… You will spent to much money with that.. LOlz