What’s the Meaning Behind Your Blog Name?
This is Day 2 for my 30-day challenge. So I also asked myself, what’s the meaning of my blog name? Well, before finally naming this blog Hands Full of Life, I thought of so many names, titles, consulted some magazines, watched TV shows for possible ideas, it really took a while and somehow a toll on me. I was really apprehensive too of actually starting this blog because I still have other blogs to update too. But since I was given this opportunity, I just took the chance.
While watching a TV show, I heard the voice over say “empty-handed.” It was then that I figured out the name Hands Full of Life. I’ve realized that my hands are never empty (not literaly though)! I mean, every second, there is something to do here in the house. As a stay-at-home mom, my hands are always full of life! There’s the house to clean, the laundry to wash, mouths to feed, blogs to update, tasks to accomplish and submit, and just so much more! It seems endless! I’m never empty-handed! And somehow, I like it 🙂 Even if I am not earning that much from blogging, but the smiles and laughter of my little boy, and a hug and a kiss from my hubby, are great, BIG rewards for me at the end of the day!
So I guess that’s the meaning behind my blog name. How about yours? 🙂
So it’s Day 1 of my 30-day challenge! Day 1 is to share a recent picture and something about the week.
This was taken last Saturday, January 22, 2011. This is my sister-in-law with her 2-year old daughter Adara. They were here to fetch my mother to bring her back to Cebu and to live in their newly purchased house. Mama lived with us here in Bohol for three years and everyday, Mama complained about her living conditions. Although we have provided her the best and the most comfortable room we could ever give, but still, she was not contented and all. Everyday for three years, we heard nothing but complain and gripe about her stay in our abode.
So my younger brother decided to bring her back to Cebu where she used to live and to stay with his mother-in-law. So they were here for just a few hours and got Mama. And three days after Mama left, we all miss her! 🙁 Although my mom and I were never that close, but I still miss her, so does my hubby and her nanny too! Our house now is back to its peaceful and tranquil state (except for my little boy who messes up the things inside the house). It’s quite different with the way things are in the house right now without mama’s presence.
So that’s it… as simple as that. I have started my 30-day challenge. It really is quite a challenge because sometimes I find myself blank and just staring at the laptop and just couldn’t think of anything to write. I hope I can get through the 30 days! See you again tomorrow! 🙂
In one of my blog hops a few weeks ago, I saw this one blog that has an ongoing 30-day blog challenge. I stayed on that blog for a while and read about the challenge. Well, eventually, I was challenged! 🙂 And I promised that blogger that I will do the challenge on my new blog. I don’t know if I am going to write down for 30 days? Well, I guess I have her blog to follow! hehehe…
She wrote down the following:
- Share a recent picture and something about your week.
- What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
- Share something about your hometown.
- Share something about the TV show you’re currently addicted to.
- Share your insights on why you Facebook.
- Share a story about your most serious injury.
- Share a short letter to your ex-boyfriend.
- Share something about your favorite blogs.
- Share something about your favorite cartoon character.
- List 20 of your favorite movies.
- Share some insights about your pet peeves.
- Your nicknames and why you have them.
- Share something about your celebrity crushes.
- Share something about your favorite music/musician.
- Share something about your pets.
- Share something about your favorite book.
- Share something you’re afraid of.
- Share your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of being single.
- Share something about a song that makes you smile.
- Share something about your least favorite subject in school.
- Google, Firefox, Rockmelt or Yahoo?
- Favorite Bible verse.
- What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?
- Why do you blog?
- What’s your opinion about blog awards/tags?
- What are your childhood ambitions?
- Share a story about your adolescence.
- What do you usually notice when you watch a movie?
- Do you believe that in the year 2012, it’s the end of the world?
So, this is the challenge, everyday, I am going to write something about the topics listed above. The blogger mentioned that along with the 30-day challenge, I have to do at least 5,000 steps a day! Oh my, this is one heck of a challenge really! Can I have my hubby do the steps while I do the writing??? hehehe… :-). Actually I have altered some of her rules… Leah, I hope you don’t mind… 🙂
Tomorrow is a new day and tomorrow, I start with my challenge! Good luck to me (and to my hubby)!